Thursday, July 14, 2011

Establishing Myself


Hi.  So I've been told I could probably write a story about my life in the past few years: carefree but focused college student "living it up" who suddenly gets picked up in a whirlwind romance by a much older charming, talented musician (ie: starving artist... I mean starving artist with no sincere desire to actually work beyond serving his own immediate self-interests).  This girl finds herself married and then pregnant to a man who is anything but the person she thought he was.  Life then becomes a daily struggle (financially, emotionally, educationally).  Every day becomes dulled by a depression fueled by the abusiveness of her monster-ific husband.  After defying the odds of oops!, this girl--ME, finds herself pregnant again; miserable, just trying to make it work.  The only light, which is indeed, a most brilliant beam, is the daughter (see picture!) and the little one on the way.

All of this changed for good about one month ago.  I discovered my soon to be ex's involvement in something pretty darn unspeakably bad (I daresay even worse than cheating).  No chance of slapping another piece of tape on this broken vase of a "family" that I tried so hard to maintain for 2 years.  So now I find myself living with my mom and my daughter, trying to pick up all of the pieces so I can take care of myself and my girls and figure out where the heck I was educationally (I, once a NHS member and vice president of my foreign language honor society, etc., etc. am a 5 year college student, er, make that 7? who has landed herself on academic probation in her last attempted college semester)

Oh yeah, and besides picking up my pieces scattered all over the darn place, I'm trying to get a divorce from he-who-shall-not-be-named.  And trying to find a job--at nearly 30 weeks pregnant.  Luckily I'm small.  Unluckily, this economy blows and August just so happens to be the slowest season in retail.

Now, to squeeze in a quick nap before Little Miss wakes up from hers.  Lots more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment